Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Four



My sweet 10.1# mama's boy turned four years old over a month ago. That boy has a heart of gold and I cannot believe how fast time is flying by. I think something magical happens at four years old when children suddenly start reasoning and understanding this great big world better. I remember when it happened to Brady and now I see it occurring in Carson. I so wish time could slow down and let me enjoy them a little longer.

We celebrated, as usual, with a family only party. Carson is asking for a "friend" party next year and I think I might consider it. Curious George was our theme, complete with a piƱata, which I didn't get any good pictures of.



Here are a few thoughts on Carson at four years old...He is still my snuggle bug. More often than not every morning he wakes me up a little before 7am with a smile on his face sneaking into our bed for morning snuggles. He thinks of others often. When we asked him what he wanted for his birthday gift he replied, "I don't know, we'll just have to wait and see what I get". When pressed a little harder he requested a second Gotham City Jail toy so that Brady could have one too. After a recent Easter egg hunt at school he immediately got in the car and started telling me about how he was going to give almost all of them to Brady and Eleanor. And he stuck to his word. He still loves to talk and does so A LOT! He is so social and I cannot wait to watch the friendships he develops as he gets older. I just love him so so much and pray that he will have an open and receptive heart to God's gentle calling for him. 



Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding - Proverbs 3:5

I love you my sweet boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment