Monday, November 3, 2014

Six


I cannot believe how quickly time is flying by. Brady turned six years old almost 2 weeks ago and I wanted to make sure I recorded how we celebrated and just how much I love him. 


^^ Taken the day of his family party...last game of the season for flag football!^^


His birthday fell on a Monday this year and our plans were to celebrate with just the five of us that night and then host an extended family party for him the following weekend. We celebrated with doughnuts and opening gifts in the morning after which I took the children to explore a park in old Milford that we had yet to visit. Carson and Eleanor had fun on the playground and Brady practiced with his new "Zombie" bow and arrow that he really wanted and received.


He really wanted to go roller skating that night as a family and so we promised him we would....big mistake. This mama didn't realize that roller skating rinks weren't open to the public every night of the week and failed to check until about 15 minutes before we were leaving. Every rink on our side of town was closed. Bummer. He was very sad. But then Daddy had a wonderful idea....Chuck E. Cheese! Every time he sees the commercial he begs. And what a better time for our inaugural visit than a birthday for our sweet boy! All three of the children had a blast and even though we were fearful of the germs and chaos we both admitted it wasn't nearly as obnoxious as we expected. I'm sure it being a Monday night helped with that! 

We celebrated some more with a family party the following weekend  and I'm pretty sure he got every single item he had on his wish list! I think next year we will try for a friend party. But for now I am happy that he is content with just his cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. 




I absolutely love watching this sweet boy grow up. He has my heart for sure. I remember so clearly struggling as a mother when he was a toddler (I know this because I'm currently in this same struggle with his brother!). I would wake up in the morning and just pray. Pray that God would somehow give me love to show him. Because I was at my wits end and didn't know how I was going to make it through the whole day with him and his antics. And now suddenly he's the most fun, lovable little boy in the world. I enjoy him so much. We have wonderful conversations and the things he asks me about and his reasoning sometimes just blows my mind. And he is SO SMART. One thing I really dislike about conventional schooling these days is the testing and comparing among students. But he recently brought home his first report card along with the results from the first assessment given to the students and Rob and I got a great little laugh. He had blown them out of the water. His scores were higher than the end of year benchmark. GO BRADY! We are in awe of you!



^^^ sweet boy requested a "skeleton cake"! He has been all about the spooky Halloween decorations this year!


Brady my hope for you is that as you grow you will see the world from a biblical worldview and that your heart will belong to God. This world can be so hard to navigate at times. But if you stay close to God you will see that he has an incredible purpose for you. The key to your happiness is in knowing Him and trusting and obeying his leading. Always remember that Mama loves you, Daddy loves you, but Jesus loves you most of all!







No comments:

Post a Comment