Friday, October 3, 2014

Two Years


Last weekend we celebrated Eleanor turning two years old with a small family party at our home. Her actual birthday was one week ago (September 25th) but of course I am just now getting around to writing about it. Two years later and I am still in awe over the blessings God has poured out to our family through her birth. He has been so faithful and it is my hope that I will be able to help her understand how truly special she is and that God himself planned her life and has a purpose for her. 

We had a very fun time celebrating. I have to admit I'm not much of a party planner. It's not really my thing. So I usually try to keep things very simple. Thankfully at this age we only do family parties so I don't have to worry about having anything Pinterest worthy. We purchased a chicken nugget platter, fruit tray and cole slaw from Chick-fil-a and added our own veggie and cracker & cheese trays. I always find food for these parties a little boring. Rob usually tries to pressure me into something more elaborate, but I stayed strong this year! It is after all a child's party! Why have food that half the guest list won't eat?!?



As a daughter Eleanor is an absolute joy. I looked through an old journal I started for her after she was born and I wrote several times about her peacefulness. She is still that way today. Of course she has spunk (how could you not with two older brothers!) but to me she is the epitome of what a sweet little girl should be...full of innocence, love, excitement and wonder.

Eleanor, my hope for you is that you will seek to know God intimately every single day and that you would seek his truth and beauty in everything and that he would lavish His grace upon you. That you would know your worth and be confident in his plans for you. Always remember you are living for an audience of One and live your life in a way that reflects that so that others around you can know the source of your joy and peacefulness.








No comments:

Post a Comment