Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Right Now






Today my oldest baby starts Kindergarten. Just a few moments ago I helped him onto the school bus. Such a big boy he is. I am dying inside and am counting the minutes till he will be home and I can hear all about it. This has been such a hard and emotional decision for us...what type of schooling is best for him and us. For the longest time I was convinced we would homeschool. Rob thought it was a pretty good choice as well. We even attended our local homeschool conference. We also thoughtfully considered keeping him at the private school where he attended preschool. But ultimately decided (at least for this year) to try out the same school district that Rob and I grew up in.


The last few days have been busy. Soaking in our last few days of summer vacation, buying school supplies, filling out paperwork and lots of worry and anxiety on my part. Yesterday I sat down to write Brady a short letter to add to the other journals I've written to him over the years. And last night we attended Meet the Teacher Night at school. I love that sweet boy more than anything and I am so proud to be his Mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment